Last modified: March 1, 2021
Please click on the links below for further information on our privacy practices on this Websites:
Who are we?
Nuvoton Technology Corporation Japan(the "NTCJ") is a subsidiary of Nuvoton Technology Corporation and having its registered office at 1 Kotari-yakemachi, Nagaokakyo-shi, Kyoto 617-8520, Japan("we", "us" or "our")
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information do we collect about you?
A. Personal Information you provide directly about yourself
Some Websites we offer enable/require you to give us your Personal Information.
- When you create an account or profile on our websites
When you create an account or profile on our website or application, we ask you to provide certain Personal Information, including your name, email address, your mailing address. You will use your email address and your password to login to your account/profile.
Please note that your account information will be modified in order to keep it correct and the latest, if your private information we've got via the other ways which our sales have is not consistent with information you already registered on this page.
- When you communicate with NTCJ
When you contact us or interact with our customer support representatives via email, telephone or in person, we may collect Personal Information about you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences, as well as information about our products or devices you purchased. We may also create logs/reports that are useful in diagnosing product or application performance related issues to capture information relating to such issues. We may access some your NTCJ account/profile. We may also record and review your conversations with our customer support representatives (e.g. when you contact us by telephone) and also review any information you have provided in response to a voluntary customer survey(s). We will only record and/or review your conversations with us where we are permitted to do so by applicable laws and we will tell you that we are doing so at the latest at the start of the conversations.
- Subscriptions and newsletters
Where you subscribe to our promotional communications and newsletters we will collect Personal Information including your email address and postal address. We will only provide such subscription services to you in accordance with applicable laws and where you have expressly requested us to do so.
B. Information about your use of the Websites
We may collect information about your use of the Websites. For example, we collect:
- Product/device information - such as unique device identifiers, IP address, operating system details, and settings of the device you use to access the Websites;
- Log information - such as the time and duration of your use of the Websites, search query terms you enter through the Websites, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device (such as your pc, mobile phone or tablet).
- Voice information - such as recordings of your voice that we store on our servers when you use voice commands.
- Other information - about your use of the Websites, such as the online applications you use, the websites you visit and how you interact with content offered through our Websites.
On which legal basis do we process Personal Information?
We are not allowed to process Personal Information if we cannot rely on a valid legal ground. Therefore, we will only process your Personal Information when:
- we have obtained your prior unambiguous consent;
- the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you or to take pre-contractual steps at your request;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person; or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests except where they are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Examples of such 'legitimate interests' include:
- to benefit from cost-effective Websites (e.g. we may opt to use certain platforms offered by suppliers);
- to protect the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and to protect the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives.to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives.
Why do we use your Personal Information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Create an Account/Log in on our Websites to enable you to create a profile on our Websites and to enable you to log in to such Websites;
- Online Purchases - to enable online purchases of our Services through some applications, to deliver the purchased products/devices, and to provide any checkout assistance that you may need, for example, to complete your purchase if you have technical difficulties;
- Registering products/devices - to register you or your device or product for any of our Websites;
- Provide our Services - to provide our Services or any specific feature that you request, including to enable us to fulfil our obligations under any contract with you. We will show individual privacy policies or notices for each Service where appropriate;
- Surveys - to ask for your opinions or comments on our Websites and to conduct other surveys;
- Customised, Targeting Content, Advertising and Newsletters - to provide customised content, make recommendations based on your past activities regarding our Services and advertising (directly or via our partners such as social media networks), as well as to provide you with newsletters and other communications by post, telephone, emails and/or other electronic communication means;
- Profiling - to make predictions about your interests and provide you with direct marketing on that basis;
- Analysis Purposes - for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, devices and Websites;
- Statistics - to create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our Websites. This anonymised data may be shared with third parties;
- Service Improvement - to develop and improve new and existing our products and Websites, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about your preferences;
- Customer Support Services - to provide customer support services for your product or device, or to deal with any other support queries you may have;
- Legal Obligations - to comply with our legal obligations under European Member States laws or under European Union law;
- Security - to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Websites); to operate and maintain the security of our Websites (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of NTCJ, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our Websites;
- Competitions and Promotions - to conduct Activities and record your participation thereto, as permitted by law as well as to provide your Personal Information to our partners and sponsors of such Activities;
- Training - for staff training and quality assurance purposes, particularly in relation to our customer support representatives;
- Combining Personal Information - to combine Personal Information we collect from you, for example to allow us to provide better support services and more personalised content;
- Corporate Transaction - to manage corporate transactions involving our company including reorganisation, merger, transfer, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of Nuvoton Technology Corporation's business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
To whom and where do we disclose your Personal Information?
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following entities:
A. Third party recipients of the Personal Information
We may disclose your information to the following entities:
- NTCJ Affiliates and Authorized distributors
We may need to transfer your Personal Information to other NTCJ Affiliates or their authorized distributors to provide the Services you require or any other services/ assistance.
- Panasonic Affiliates and Authorized distributors
To provide the Services you require or any other services/ assistance, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to Panasonic Corporation Industrial Solutions Company (the "Panasonic") and its affiliated companies or their authorized distributors, who are in charge of sales and support of NTCJ and NTCJ Affiliates products and services.
- Service Providers
We use third party service providers to help us to administer certain activities and services on our behalf, such as fulfilling sending emails and text messages, providing advertisements, analysing usage of our Websites, tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, allowing users to connect to their social network and providing customer support services. We share Personal Information about you with such third party service providers solely for the purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf and they will operate only in accordance with our instructions. Here are examples of third party service providers we use:
- Email Service Providers – Cloud services are used to assist us in sending emails to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Third parties when required by Law or to Protect our Websites
We will disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Websites); to operate and maintain the security of our Websites (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of NTCJ, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our Websites.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party (or other NTCJ Affiliate) as part of a reorganisation, merger, transfer, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of Nuvoton Technology Corporation's business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Other Parties With Your Consent or At Your Direction
We may share Personal Information about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
B. International Transfer of Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect from you may be stored and processed in your region, or transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed outside your region, including but not limited to Japan or in any other country and where NTCJ and Panasonic or their Affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Where we transfer your Personal Information outside your region, we will ensure that suitable safeguards such as appropriate agreements and mechanisms are in place to help ensure that our third party service providers provide an adequate level of protection to your Personal Information.
What do we do to keep your Personal Information secure?
We have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to keep the Personal Information we collect in our Websites secure. These measures take into account:
- the state of the art of the technology;
- the costs of its implementation;
- the nature of the Information; and
- the risk of the processing.
The purpose thereof is to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction or alteration, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access and against other unlawful forms of processing.
However, please note that although we take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information, no website, product, device, online application or transmission of Information, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
- What are your rights?
We will collect, store and process your Personal Information in accordance with your rights under any applicable laws.
Your rights include the right to access a copy of your Personal Information, the right to request the correction or the update of any inaccurate Personal Information and the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under the conditions set out in applicable laws.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information, and where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal). In addition, you also have the right to data portability in certain cases. This is the right to request the return of the Personal Information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of such Personal Information to a third party, without hindrance from us and subject to your own confidentiality obligations.
- Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us from inquiry form below:
If you are not satisfied with how we process your Personal Information, you may contact us from inquiry form below or alternatively you may file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in addition to your rights outlined above.
How long do we store your Personal Information
Please note that your account information will be deleted without prior notice under the following circumstances.
- There is no activity in your account for a period of two years or more. (Including downloading files and updating account information.)
- Your account information is not correct. (In case the information such as name, place of work and telephone number does not exist.)
Third party links and products on our Websites
Your Choices (opting out of marketing related emails)
We and other NTCJ Affiliates may use your Personal Information (such as your contact details (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number)) to send you marketing-related correspondence by mail, email, telephone and/or text message related to our products, devices and other Services in accordance with your email and contact preferences in your Member Profile or as you otherwise agree to.
When you purchase our products or device, contact our customer support representatives, create an account or profile for one of our Services, or subscribe to one of our Services, you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to (or where permitted by applicable law, opt-out of) the receiving of such marketing-related correspondence.
We do not share Personal Information with third parties for the third parties' marketing purposes.
To opt out of receiving marketing-related correspondence from NTCJ, please update your email and contact preferences in your account/profile on our website or click "Unsubscribe" from any marketing or promotional email or text message you receive from us.
Children's Personal Information
We consider a child to by anyone under the age of 16, or such younger age as many be specified by applicable data protection laws. We do not knowingly collect or try to collect Personal Information from or about children without the consent of a parent or guardian. Where we do collect Personal Information from children, we will always use reasonable efforts to verify that consent has been given or authorised by the child's parent or guardian.
<For residents of EEA>
NTCJ is outsources sales operations in the European Economic Area to Panasonic.
Panasonic is represented in the European Economic Area (i.e. the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) for any information protection related matters by its German entity, Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, having its registered office at Hagenauer Strasse 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany.